Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 15


It was a great morning! I got up around 8 and started to get ready for the day. Around 9:30 Rachel and Aly came to get me so we could walk down to the school. We took our time as we knew it would be a long day down at the IDP Camp. We arrived at Naomi’s Village around 11 and some of the ladies there insisted that we have porridge and chapatti. I had a bit of trouble getting the porridge down…it was quick sandy tasting, but I did it-the whole cup! When we arrived at the school, we were immediately put to work. Rachel and Aly began to grade papers while Doreen and I chatted. Then we made signs for the Medical Clinic that we will be helping with on Saturday. After school, we walked back to Doreen’s tent and she made us some catheri. We then hung out for quite some time and soon Bob, Julie, and Sean came to pick us up. We stayed and handed our bracelets and jolly ranchers and the rest of the crew had some tea. We arrived home awhile ago and I showered because I was covered in dirt from head to toe. Julie is now cooking something that smells absolutely delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment