Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Day with the Mendonsas (day 3)

Today, I got to sleep in which was excellent after the day I had yesterday! Aly and I went over to the Mendonsas probably around 12pm. Julie made a cake for me yesterday for my birthday, but we were too busy that we didn't get a chance to eat any of it. When we got there, Julie, who had already taken a bite out of my cake, found a candle and her, Bob, and Aly all sang happy birthday to me.
We then headed back down to Naomi's Village and spent the rest of the afternoon there. There we watched them cut and place a cross stone in the gable of the girl's wing. It looks beautiful! (pictures to come soon)
I used a choo (pronounced with a long "o") today. It's somewhat equivalent to an outhouse, except the hole is in the ground, not raised. Its really quite awkward, but when you got to go, you got to go. After a few more hours just sitting around the fire pit chatting with Julie and Aly, we headed back up to Kijabe.
The Mendonsas then took us up to the McMillan's who are close friends of there's. We watched the Argentina vs. Germany soccer game. We just got back to the Mendonsa's and are getting ready to eat dinner. Today was a great day! Not as much done, but still quite exhausting.
**Hopefully I will be able to post the previous 2 days soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment